Friday, March 30, 2007

Off We Go!

Ok... Patty and I began our trip (early) Wednesday morning with a subway ride to JFK and a 6-hour flight to Vancouver. I got a bit of work done on the plane... while Patty slept peacefully... and then watched a bit of "Night at the Museum" before I too was fast asleep.
Upon our arrival in Vancouver, we were met with one of the slowest moving immigration lines I have ever encountered. Fortunately, we were only a few feet away from Kevin Smith, director of Clerks, Mallrats... not to mention Clerks 2 -- I wish I could have those 2 hours back.
.
Anyway... here's the best pic I got of "Silent Bob" without making it completely obvious I was taking his picture.
.
Patty has her own Kevin Smith story, but I'll let her tell it.
.
Anyway... Vancouver-ans are the nicest people we've ever encountered in our travels. Examples: Everyone smiles and says Hello... bus passengers thank the driver upon exiting the bus... apparently they give out free desserts if you say you're visiting from New York... I mean I've never felt more welcomed in a big city like I have felt here.
.
Our first full day here, we did a little shopping, Patty got a few CDs and some shirts, and then we were getting a bit hungry so we went to Go Fish, this neat little fish shack tucked away near Granville Island (which isn't really an island, go figure). Patty got the cod and chips and I got the halibut and chips and a dynamite tacone...don't ask. The food was awesome and definitely worth a visit if you're ever in Vancouver.
.
Okay, I have a story about a cable car and some nachos, but I'll have to put that off until tomorrow.

No comments: