Monday, August 17, 2009

Yes Ouí Cannes!

Since we left Paris, we've spent the past few days in Cannes. The weather has been perfect, 85 to 90 degrees and sunny! I'm glad Patty and I are pretty much on the same page when we travel... pretty laid back.

Our first day here, we got in in the late afternoon, so we pretty much just checked in, dropped off our bags and walked down the promenade on La Croisette admiring the beautiful views of the bay, yachts anchored off in the distance, and an amazing sunset.

We spent yesterday lounging around at our hotel's pool, soaking up some sun and floating around a bit.


After a nice day at the pool and some great food at really good restaurant (which we've thus far had three meals) Patty and I snuck some wine, cheese and crackers onto the rocks by the water to catch a Cannes sunset.



Although I'm not sure if it was legal or not to drink out in public like that, we just couldn't resist. Here's the evidence of our impromptu "picnic"...


We hit the beach today and I got a little too much sun. Not that bad, but I'm pretty red. Anyone who knows how I "tan" will appreciate my awesome new color. After a mid-evening nap, we chose a restaurant along the promenade and had an amazing dinner on the beach. Here's a long exposure of the promenade to show off the brilliant colors and lights.


As usual, we have many more photos to share, but the internet in France is slow... just like their service. I'm not complaining though... it's kinda nice. Speaking of which, that's where we're headed tomorrow! Gotta get some sleep!!

No comments: